Starting 30 August 2023, we will be making changes in the fees for some of our services and this article would focus on Credit Card Top up fee.
Depending on your credit card type, there is an additional charge as the following:
– 1% for local credit cards
- 3% for foreign credit cards (1% until further notice)
Here are the fee charges scenarios which would allow you the understand the changes better:
|Type of credit card
|Fee charged by BigPay
|Total deduction on the credit card
|Domestic (Issued by Malaysian banks)
|RM 100*1% = RM 1
|Domestic (Issued by Overseas banks)
|RM 100*3% = RM 3
(1% imposed until further notice)
With the changes, what is my monthly credit card topup limit?
It remains RM10,000/month, including the topup fee.
Do I still get to perform a credit card top-up without a fee now?
From now on, all credit card top up will be subjected to 1% of fee.
Are there fee-free alternatives?
For a 100% fee-free top up experience, simply top up your BigPay account via DuitNow FPX bank transfer or debit card top up.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can do so with DuitNow.
Why are we making these changes?
- We have always strived to give you the best value for your money in your everyday transactions and financial needs. However, we had to make this difficult choice to introduce these additional fees that were previously waived so that we can keep our business sustainable.
- We want to continue improving and providing you with these services that you know and love, but we have to introduce fees for these because we incur costs when we make these services available to you.
- Rest assured we will endeavour to keep our rates competitive and fees transparent, so you can pay at home and abroad with peace of mind.
When are these changes taking effect?
- The changes mentioned above will take effect on 30 August 2023. You may indicate your acceptance of the new terms by tapping the “I accept” button on the pop up upon opening the BigPay app, or by continuing to use BigPay’s products and services past the effective date.